Scouting depends on help and support from adult volunteers,
The Ottery Scout Group currently have a number of vacancies for which we need volunteers.
- Executive Committee member
We have two current members who have completed their term in office and we are especially keen to involve parents of beaver scouts to provide a balance of parents on the committee. The role of the Executive committee:
- Comply with the Policy, Organisation and Rules of The Scout Association
- Protect and maintain any property and equipment owned by and/or used by the group
- Manage the group finances
- Provide insurance for people, property and equipment.
- Ensure that there is sufficient volunteers for scouting in the group to operate
- Manage and implement the Safety Policy within the group
- Ensure that a positive image of scouting exists in the local community
- Ensure that young people are meaningfully involved in decision making at all levels within the group
If you wish to apply for a role or would like to learn more please contact John Green – Group Scout Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org